Data protection and privacy regulations in India is a continually evolving area of law, creating numerous compliance challenges for data fiduciaries and processors around the world. Businesses must discern how legislation such as the Information Technology Act, Data Protection Bill apply to their operations and, if so, how to comply with them. Our team understands these laws and helps clients determine how their company's operations are impacted and what they need to do to ensure compliance.
Our services include:
- Guidance on if and how Privacy laws apply to a business
- Developing and implementing tailor-made privacy policies and cookie disclosures
- Implementing cookie consent banners
- Drafting and negotiating privacy related agreements
- Data breach preparation and response
- Advising on cross-border data transfer compliance issues
- Conducting privacy and data security due diligence
- We analyse our clients' existing data protection practices and make recommendations for compliance. In this way, we help our clients to better understand their data processing, map the location and flows of the data and identify potential threats and compliance issues.
- Advising several foreign and Indian clients on compliances, processing requirements, data import-export, reasonable security measures, breach management and reasonable information security practices under the Indian Information Technology laws and other applicable laws.